Perfect Guacamole Recipe
Prep time: not even 10 minutes
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1/2 red onion, minced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1-2 serrano chiles,jalapenos (If you like it hot) stems and seeds removed, minced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lime or lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- A dash of freshly grated black pepper
- 2 tablespoon of Styrian Pumpkin Seed Oil
- 1/2 ripe tomato, seeds and pulp removed, chopped
Garnish with red radishes or jalapenos . Serve with tortilla chips.
- Cut avocados in half. Remove seed. Scoop out avacado from the peel, put in a mixing bowl.
- Using a fork, mash the avocado. Add the chopped onion, cilantro, lime or lemon, salt and pepper and mash some more. Chili peppers vary individually in their hotness. So, start with a half of one chili pepper and add to the guacamole to your desired degree of hotness. Be careful handling the peppers; wash your hands thoroughly after handling and do not touch your eyes or the area near your eyes with your hands for several hours. Keep the tomatoes separate until ready to serve. Remember that much of this is done to taste because of the variability in the fresh ingredients. Start with this recipe and adjust to your taste.
- Cover with plastic wrap directly on the surface of the guacamole to prevent oxidation from the air reaching it. Refrigerate until ready.
- Just before serving, add the chopped tomato and Styrian Gold Pumpkin Seed Oil to the guacamole and mix.
It’s delicious!…..and soo healthy!!!
Serve with some organic chips or crackers or just with a spoon.