Grandma’s Beetle Bean salad with Styrian Gold PSO
Servings : 6
- 250 g beetle beans
- 4 bay leaves
- 4 tbsp cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 pinch of salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 100 ml of cold beef broth (beef broth)
- 10 Table spoons Styrian Gold Pumpkin Seed Oil
- 1 large red onion, quartered and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh savory
Preparation: Prep: 30 min Cooking time:1 hr Rest time: 1 day, soaking
- Wash the runner beans, place them in a bowl and cover completely with water. Cover and soak overnight.
- The next day, drain the soaked beans and rinse with cold water. Put beans and bay leaves in a large saucepan. All (unsalted). Add water so that the beans are covered. About 30 to 40 minutes to cook and bring to simmer over medium heat until al dente.
- In a small bowl mix vinegar, sugar, salt, pepper, lemon juice and mustard well. Then let run in beef broth and oil, stir slowly and firmly, thus producing an emulsion.
- Drain the cooked beans, drain well and still hot in a large bowl. Let cool slightly, then pour over the marinade and toss in the red onion and the savory.
- Cover and marinate at least 30 minutes. If necessary, season again with salt and pepper and maybe a little sugar.
Tip: Beans must always be cooked in unsalted water.